Day 7, last day of a week trying to generate the least amount of long lived rubbish by not buying non renewable things. My rules are:
- Focus only on things I buy or consume directly.
- From Monday 20/05 till Sunday 26/05 evening.
- Document what I do buy and questions that arise from this experiment.
Day 7: Sunday
Last day. Today was much more quiet.
Didn’t generate any rubbish in the morning. For lunch I was binning this:
For lunch we used a full package of sausages. The label on the package showed no recycling notice, so I had to assume they were not recyclable, however they had an Fsc label giving some idea as to the sourcing of materials. Good to know.
Also used the end of a package of butter. It was hard to see if the package was recyclable or not, but thankfully I had a new one, and it is recyclable as seen on the picture below.
I really like spinach, so I am going to have to think about how to source it, what I produce with my plants is not enough, and everywhere I buy them they come in film packaging, which is not recyclable.
Long lived Rubbish for today
- Sausage packaging. Not recyclable.
- Butter packaging. Recyclable :D.
- Spinach container. Non recyclable.
- What are good alternatives for meat wrapping? Are there any secure alternatives?
- Are there alternative ways to source spinach and other vegetables that come in film wrapping?
- It is good to know about the sourcing of the materials as well as the recycling capabilities. Some packages have Fsc label.
This is the end. There is a summary of the week, you can find it here I will update that when and if I get new answers to the questions posed.