Day 4 of a week trying to generate the least amount of long lived rubbish by not buying non renewable things. My rules are:
- Focus only on things I buy or consume directly.
- From Monday 20/05 till Sunday 26/05 evening.
- Document what I do buy and questions that arise from this experiment.
Day 4: Thursday
Working from home today. This should be interesting.
All food an drink consumed today was bought before the start of the week or not by me, so I figured I would document anything I put in the bin.
I had a salad that I prepared myself, some of the spinach you see there are from self-grown. There was just compostable waste left behind.
I was feeling peckish later and I had a few biscuits, this resulted in an empty package (no I didn’t eat them all then and there, promise), as I read it I found a reference to Terracycle however when I went to try to use it for the specific brand there was nothing. This is sad, but I ask them on twitter maybe it is just their UX. Update I asked McVities and Terracycle. Lets see what happens
Later and Questions
Food that we already have at home.
Long lived Rubbish for today
A biscuit wrapper.
- What are good options to recycle food wrappers in general and biscuits wrappers concretely?
- Yay for food you can grow yourself. Even if it is just a small percentage of what we eat.
- It is looking like it is really hard to dispose of biscuits wrappers, there is a way to reuse(?) them some how via Terracycle, but I was not able to find out any specifics as to how to do this exactly.